Puff pastry 24 x 24cm oruse your own (take out from the fridge until it is soft to use)
Sugar 4 tablespoons
1. Spread half of the sugar on the pastry and turn upside down and use a spoon to press gently so that the sugar is stick to the pastry. Spread another half of the sugar on the other side.
2. Fold 1/4 inside, and then fold another 1/4, leave a small gap in the middle and fold together. Cover with plastic cling and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes so that the pastry can stick together.
3. Melt the butter in bain marie.
4. Take the pastry from the fridge and cut into 1-1.5cm width pieces.
5. Each palmier top should be open like those in the picture. Brush the both side of the palmiers with butter. Put into a preheated 200 degree oven for 20 minutes. In the last 5-8 minutes, turn the palmiers upside down so the both sides are golden brown in colour.